What is H1-B & H-4 Visa?

Posted: April 17, 2013 in Current affairs

  1. The H1-B Visa is a Non-immigrant Visa in the United States under the Immigration & Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H). It allows US employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. If a foreign worker in H1-B status quits or is dismissed from the sponsoring employer, the worker must either apply for and be granted a change of status to another non-immigrant status, find another employer (subject to application for adjustment of status and/or change of visa), or leave the US.
  2. H-4 Visa is a Visa issued by the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to immediate family members (spouse and children under 21 years of age) of the H1-B Visa holders. H-4 Visa holders can hold a driver’s license, open bank accounts and get an individual Taxpayer Identification Number for US Tax purposes.

Comments are closed.